We aim to support visually impaired students to improve their academic result and to provide a place that allow resource teachers to share braille study notes online to reduce additional duties.
This website is for the blind/visually impaired community only.
You may require having a unique user name and password combination in order to use the features and functions of the website, including discussion boards, user-generated pages, messaging services and certain other features or functions. You may not allow to:
(1) Select or use login details of another person with the intention of impersonating that person,
(2) Use login details of anyone else without authorization,
(3) Use login details in violation of the intellectual property or other legal rights of any person or
(4) Use a screen name that St. Nicholas’ Home considers, in its sole discretion and for any reason, inappropriate.
Changes To These TermsWe reserve the right to revise these Terms from time to time. Therefore, we encourage you to check the date of these Terms whenever you visit the Site to see if these Terms have been updated. Your continued access or use of any portion of the Service constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Protecting Other People's Rights
respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same. You may use this
website only for lawful, non-commercial purposes.
(1) All printed materials (notes and exercises) including pictures/images taken from any books; website or blog must get permission from copyright owner.
(2) You may not submit or transmit through this website (whether via discussion boards, user-generated pages, messaging services or otherwise) any material, or otherwise engage in any conduct, that violates or infringes the rights of others, including without limitation patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity or other proprietary rights.
(3) You will not post content or take any action on St. Nicholas’ Home that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
(4) We can remove any content or information you post on The Online Learning Programme if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
(5) If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
(6) You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on this programme.
Third-Party Sites, Products and Services; Links.
The Website may include links or references to other web sites or services solely as a convenience to Users (“Reference Sites”). St. Nicholas’ Home does not endorse any such Reference Sites or the information, materials, products, or services contained on or accessible through Reference Sites. ACCESS AND USE OF REFERENCE SITES, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH REFERENCE SITES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Harm to Your Computer.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE, ACCESS, DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAINING OF CONTENT, WEBSITE MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, OR DATA THROUGH THE WEBSITE (INCLUDING THROUGH ANY API’S) IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM) OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS THEREFROM.
Maintain Good Environment
Maintain an environment free of harassment, bully, stalking, threats, abuse, insults, or humiliation to the instructor and members of the Online Learning Programme.
This includes, but is not limited to demeaning written or oral comments of an ethnic, religious, sexist (or sexual orientation), or racist nature; and the unwanted sexual advances or intimidations by email, or on discussion boards and other postings in course shells. St. Nicholas’ Home discourages the use of profanity or obscenities in postings. We reserve the right to delete any such material from the Network.
You may not use this website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any services, user accounts, computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means.
(1) You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement
(2) If anyone brings a claim against St. Nicholas’ Home related to your actions, content or information on Online Learning Programme, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on this website and are not responsible for the content or information users upload or share. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on this website. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of this website.
(3) We will not be liable to you for any lost profits or other consequential, special, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with this statement or website.